7 TV Shows for Each Genre

By 9:00 AM

I sat down when I got my calendar for this year and wrote down the premiere dates for my shows and I released I don't really watch that many shows. Anyways, this is a simple post for those of you looking for a new show to watch or just if you're curious.


Action: 


The Flash
The Flash is based on the comic of the same title. I honestly didn't know if the show was going to be that good but after the first episode, I was hooked (not just because of Grant Gustin). It does have that 'I'm-in-love-with-my-best-friend' cliche, but I'm letting it slide because the show is amazing. It is definitely a show for those who are looking for action and romance. 


Comedy:


Baby Daddy
This show is about a twenty-something guy who's one-night stand leaves their daughter at his doorstep. Not only is this show hilarious, it's extremely sweet. I always make my friends watch it with me and the season 4 premiere is starting tomorrow on ABC Family.


Drama: 


Witches of East End
I'm so upset that this show got cancelled. It was really good. I did get a bit freaked out in the beginning, but I grew to love the show. It's based on a series by Melissa De La Cruz. I hate how Lifetime ended the show right on a cliffhanger and I'll have to read the books to find out what happens next, if the series even followed the books.


Horror: 


The Originals
I have to say, I do enjoy this spin-off much more than the original (no pun intended). I think it's the lack of love triangles that intrigues me more than The Vampire Diaries. It more action and gore, which some people can't stand but I think the story line a lot better than TVD to be completely honest. Season 2's mid-season premiere is starting on the 19th on The CW.


Mystery: 


Once Upon a Time
If you enjoyed fairy tales growing up, you will enjoy this show. It brings more than just fairy tales to life in a fictional town named Storybrooke. The show always leaves me wanting more, I love the suspense and twists the creates put on simple story lines. I got a few of my friends to watch the show regularly and I would definitely recommend it to others. Season 4 is going to continue in March on ABC.

Romance: 


Playful Kiss
Now, I know that this is not an English show, but do not knock this down. It's a Korean drama and honestly one of the funniest, cutest shows I have seen. It's about a girl who has to move in with the guy she has a crush on. I'm not going to say anything to spoil the show for those who want to give it a try. I do want people to see it though.

Thriller: 


The Lying Game
Another show that was cancelled at the worst possible time. This show kept me hooked, wanting to know what would happen next. It reminded me of Pretty Little Liars in the way that you had so many questions and you barely got any answers without having more questions. It's about two girls who find out they're twins and switch lives so they can find their mom, but they find out more than they hoped for. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments