Sometimes it's about taking baby steps....

By 6:08 PM


Usually people only think of New Year's as a way to "change" the things they don't like about themselves and call it "New Year Resolutions", but do you really need a new year to make yourself a better person?

My answer to that is no.

I'm now a college student, free from the people I grew up with and now is my chance to start over. I mean, it's not like I hate who I am, but there are things I would like to change, not just personality-wise, but my lifestyle in general.

I thought about this for a while, around April to be exact, but couldn't really figure out what to do.

I read a while ago, a post called 16 Small Steps to Happiness. 


7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.


My first order of business: keep a diary. An actual, tangible diary. So that's exactly what I did. I got a cute journal and I wrote down what happened throughout my day. Of course, it wasn't extremely detailed, but it's good enough for me, for what I'm trying to accomplish. And honestly, it's helped me become a happier person. Just writing about your day, about your thoughts, your feelings, it truly helps. I just made one rule about my lady journal though, little to no negativity. Out of the 80+ entries so far, I've only been mad less than five times, and I'm planning on keeping it that way.

I got so caught up in it one day that I even gave it a name- Wolf. It's weird but that's who I am :b

Basically, what I'm trying to say is by writing in a diary, it will help you become a bit happier with life. Of course there are 15 other steps I didn't list, but I will get through them all one day ^.^

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have always kept a diary. It's a great idea. It helps me download, unwind, destress and it's good to look back on.
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete