5 Tips For High School

By 12:42 PM


So, classes are starting again, and it is soon to be everyone's favorite season - the season of stress. For those of you starting high school, it can be a big change.
Here are five tips to help you ease into your new surroundings.

1.) Friendship
You want to make sure you have a small, tight group of friends that you can always depend on. Now, I'm not saying that you can only have five friends, I'm saying you have to be aware of who you're putting your trust into. You can have a huge group of friends but only a few you trust.

2.) Ask questions
If you're lost in class, don't be afraid to ask questions. I know this can be hard, believe me, I know, but it's better to ask a question that you think is stupid rather than getting confused.

3.) Whatever you do, DO NOT piss off your teachers
Not only are they in control of your grades, but you have to see them for the next eight months. Depending on the type of teacher you have, them may or may not hold a grudge against you or even the entire class.

4.) Be YOUrself
It's high school. You aren't going there to follow the most popular girl around. You're there for an education. Make friends with people you like you for you and ignore the ones who judge you, use you, look down on you, etc. Don't force yourself to be or do something just because others are doing it.

5.) Forget about the boys
First of all, you're just starting high school. You're 13 or 14 years old. You have time for love and all that ish later. Second of all, guys don't mature until around 26 years old. Dating in high school is like taking care of a child. If you're lucky, you'll find some mature guys, but school isn't a dating show. Just wait, it'll be worth it.

These are all tips I wish someone had told me before I started. I look back and high school went by quickly. It probably would have been more memorable and fun if I had known some of these things. I hope this helps some of you!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments